Almond Vadalu, also known as Alasanda Vadalu, is a traditional Andhra dish made with ground almonds, green chilies, and spices.
- 1 cup almonds
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for frying
- Soak the almonds in water for 2-3 hours. Peel the skin and grind them to a smooth paste.
- In a pan, add oil and let it heat. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once they start spluttering, add chana dal, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds.
- Once the dals turn golden brown, add green chilies and fry for a minute.
- Add asafetida and turmeric powder, and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the ground almond paste, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the mixture thickens, turn off the heat.
- Take small portions of the mixture and shape them into small balls or vadals.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the vadals until they turn golden brown.
Serve the Almond Vadalu hot with rice or roti. Enjoy the delicious Andhra flavors!
I recently came across a recipe video for this dish on the Adbhutam Kitchen channel and I have to say, it looks absolutely mouth-watering. The recipe is easy to follow and the host provides clear instructions and tips to make the perfect vadas.
One of the things that I love about this dish is its versatility. You can enjoy it as a snack with tea or coffee, or as a side dish with rice or roti. It's perfect for any occasion, whether you're hosting a dinner party or just looking for a comforting meal.
If you're looking for a new recipe to try or want to explore traditional Andhra cuisine, then I highly recommend checking out the Adbhutam Kitchen channel. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. The Alasanda Vadalu recipe is a must-try!
So, what are you waiting for? Head over to the Adbhutam Kitchen channel and give this recipe a try. Let me know in the comments how it turns out for you!
Post a Comment