PHP will work with virtually all database software, including Oracle and Sybase but most commonly used is freely available MySQL database.
What you should already have ?
- You have gone through MySQL tutorial to understand MySQL Basics.
- Downloaded and installed a latest version of MySQL.
- Created database user guest with password guest123.
- If you have not created a database then you would need root user and its password to create a database.
We have divided this chapter in the following sections:
- Connecting to MySQL database - Learn how to use PHP to open and close a MySQL database connection.
- Create MySQL Database Using PHP - This part explains how to create MySQL database and tables using PHP.
- Delete MySQL Database Using PHP - This part explains how to delete MySQL database and tables using PHP.
- Insert Data To MySQL Database - Once you have created your database and tables then you would like to insert your data into created tables. This session will take you through real example on data insert.
- Retrevieng Data From MySQL Database - Learn how to fetch records from MySQL database using PHP.
- Using Paging through PHP - This one explains how to show your query result into multiple pages and how to create the navigation link.
- Updating Data Into MySQL Database - This part explains how to update existing records into MySQL database using PHP.
- Deleting Data From MySQL Database - This part explains how to delete or purge existing records from MySQL database using PHP.
- Using PHP To Backup MySQL Database - Learn different ways to take backup of your MySQL database for safety purpose.